- Skills Development & Training
- Educational Programs
- Financial Assistance
- For Non Muslims
- For New Muslims
- Health Services
- Research Services
Vocational training to the head of the household to get better jobs: which is the most important step. Gaining a skill and getting a career that can make the salary higher which can be sufficient to cover all the expenses. That will give the parents the opportunity to spend quality time with their children. The challenge comes with the vocational training is that most people don’t know when and where the courses are conducted, in addition to the difficulty in transporting from their resident areas to the vocational training area. American Islamic Diversity will offer the proper resources by sponsoring some of the families by paying their rent and expenses while the head of the household goes to get the training for a few weeks or months, then getting a job where he/she can sustain his/her family. Also, please note that American Islamic Diversity has partnered with Texas Work Force.
English as a Second Language
E.S.L. classes: Another challenge that can surround getting a proper vocational training to the head of the household is the language barrier. American Islamic Diversity hired professional instructors in order to better their English language and being able to take the courses needed.
Family counseling: The biggest crises between the members of the family is the cultural shock. American Islamic Diversity have professional certified family counselors who may visit the families and follow up in solving their issues and problems.
Food bank: Every first Saturday of each month we distribute and deliver fresh and dried groceries to over 210 families across DFW Metroplex. We partner with North Texas Food Bank.
Finding Jobs & Help Starting up a small project/business
We sponser some of the needy families and single mothers to start up a business/project by buying them some of the equipment, electronics and appliances that are needed, such as cooking appliances, sewing machines, laptops, and much more.
Financial and In Kind Donation
we receive furniture and household items to help rehome the new comer immigrants.
Hot meals: for the needy and refugee families: We know over 286 refugee families spread in hotels and apartments across the DFW area. We have been serving them on daily basis in the season of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
Toys Drive & Distribution
We work on putting the smile on the children faces by giving away gifts and toys in the seasons.
Educational and Sensitivity Training
we don’t only serve the needy and the unfortunate, but we also offer sensitivity training and workshops on how to deal with the Muslims in the professional places. That will help the community individual to have a better understanding of each other and to coexist.
Amount of charges for services
Please note that we don’t charge the recipients for any service, however, we accept donations and gifts from the donors which help us continue our work. All the donations are deposited in the bank account that belongs to American Islamic Diversity and all the funds go 100% to the projects. We also ask our volunteers to fill out and sign this following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSew05jKU7ujqC_9_LvThJvLBU2Y50pIWFojAM0gnu0gKAQBBA/viewform
Criteria to Receive Services
The criteria the recipients must meet to receive the services: We use different forms in order to get to know the recipients and learn about their need:
- When they first come to the U.S. we ask them to fill out this thorough Welcome form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZt92WOijF04NzKGAKcvVu2ZfOq1o_KwVS1fGsw_xpYuyVlw/viewform
- After 6 months we follow up with their case by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdRQX_7UdKFkHuWo8vBEBkgt82BETWStT0h8PsetL7eKLRDhA/viewform
- For food assistance we ask the families to fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAQQ5cBGvytTide7nZQ9AKX6-scACQTkq8q_d7pSbL7WIvRg/viewform
- For vocational training, the individual must fill out this form and it will be sent to the Texas Workforce partner as well: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQr4KrrSPKqCEy-CjKCUtaAel0tN_F8_NcVojzBap76zZNCw/viewform
- For English As a Second Language (E.S.L) classes, the individual must out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDxMyfornC869SnPZOcPScR8qdmvOggxU-28KkRdPVgWFJqg/viewform
The Aim of American Islamic Diversity (AID):
- Increasing the income of the family.
- Helping the families to integrate in the new society.
- Protecting the family from the deviant currents in society.
The tools are used to accomplish this:
- Offer vocational training to the Head of the Household to enhance his/her income.
- Helping the Head of the Household to obtain a profession with a high income.
- Offer “ESL” classes.
- Providing individual and family counseling.
- Providing financial and in-kind assistance to the family (as needed) during the program period.